Monday, October 10, 2016

My 15/5 of Week 7




My 15/5 of Week 7


Tasks I did
Time (hrs.)
Completion
Preparing Content Analysis
8
75%
Team meeting
1.5
100%
Reviewing other teams’ Statement of Work and videos.  Posting feedback on discussion board of our course.
0.5
100%
Reading and preparing review of 15/5’s of my teammates on discussion board of our course.
0.5
100%
Reading and responding emails, posts, and G+ discussions within our team
1
100%
Posting 15/5 blog
0.25
100%


Reflections:

Remembering:
I have done the tasks listed in the above table.

Understanding:
One of the tasks that I did this week was writing instructional objectives. This task is a major component of the Content Analysis draft that I submitted to my team this week.  It is going to help us identify effective instructional strategies.  I also used the objectives to design appropriate assessment strategies and techniques. I heard someone saying “knowing where I am going to go ahead of time, helps me to know when I reach there”.  That statement indicates how instructional objectives guide assessment tools.    

Applying:
The skill of writing instructional objectives is always applicable in many situations.  Whenever, we plan to do some activities, setting the target at the beginning is crucial.  I also find such skills applicable in improving one’s skills.  For instance, if I plan to learn a new software, setting what skill I intend to master helps me to guide my experiences while learning the software and to evaluate my achievement at the end.  

Analyzing:
While writing the objectives, I was looking for specific skills that our learners are expected to master.  I had to analyze the broader skills mentioned in the ‘goals analysis’ part of the team’s Analysis Report document.   

Evaluating:
I evaluate my experience in this week to be successful.  I learned a lot about breaking down bigger skills or concepts into their components.  I also learned that this is a continuous process.  Thus, I anticipate that I may come back and revise some of the objectives down into the next phases of the project.  Such looping are visibly indicated by arrows in ADDIE model of instructional design.

Creating:
My primary task for next week is reviewing my team members’ feedback on the first draft of Content Analysis and finalizing it for submission.  I will also prepare a first draft of Instructional Strategy document. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment