Monday, October 17, 2016

My 15/5 of Week 8




My 15/5 of Week 8

Tasks I did
Time (hrs.)
Completion
Finalizing Content Analysis document
3
100%
Preparing content map
3
100%
Preparing Instructional Strategy document (preparing first draft, reviewing team feedback, editing, and finalizing the final version)
8
100%
Reviewing Evaluation Plan and giving feedback
1
100%
Team meeting
1.5
100%
Reading and responding emails, posts, and G+ discussions within our team
1
100%
Posting 15/5 blog
0.25
100%


Reflections:

Remembering:
I have done the tasks listed in the above table.

Understanding:
Among the major activities that I did in this week were preparing content map and instructional strategy.  In this blog, I will focus on my experience of preparing the content map.   The purpose of content map is to visually show the organization of the content.  The map starts by putting an instructional goal at the top and specific instructional objectives below it.  Underneath the instructional objectives, prerequisite knowledge and skills are listed as needed.

Applying:
The skill of preparing content map can be applied in different contexts.  It helps to guide thinking in order to understand relationships among components of a bigger entity.  The bigger entity in this case is an instructional goal and its components are the objectives under it.  Any system of information can be analyzed in such a manner.  In fact, in the process, I happened to realize that such content maps can also be used to help students to visualize the structure of the whole content that they learnt in an instruction.

Analyzing:
To put content map into the pattern or context of instructional design process, it comes after identification of instructional objectives.  In that sense, it synthesizes the already identified goals with their respective instructional objectives.  Collectively, they serve as input to the next phase, which is a selection of an instructional model or strategy. 

Evaluating:
My experience in this week was rich.  I further refined my skill of writing objectives.  To do the content map, I used Lucidchart.  My experience with it was also successful.  It is one of the online tools helpful for preparing different kinds of charts such as concept maps. 

Creating:
The next task is to prepare two presentations -- content analysis and instructional strategy.  





No comments:

Post a Comment