Sunday, October 2, 2016

My 15/5 of Week 6




My 15/5 of Week 6

Tasks I did
Time (hrs.)
Completion
Preparing screencast presentation of Analysis Report
1
100%
Reviewing other teams’ Analysis Report documents and videos.  Posting feedback on discussion board of our course.
0.5
100%
Preparing Content Analysis
3
15%
Team meeting
0.75
100%
Reading and responding emails, posts, and G+ discussions within our team
2
100%
Reading and preparing review of 15/5’s of my teammates on discussion board of our course.
0.5
100%
Posting 15/5 blog
0.25
100%

Reflections:

Remembering:
I have done the tasks listed in the above table.

Understanding:
Starting to work on content analysis leads me to face one of important questions that keep coming to my mind.  In the process of instructional design, I always wonder how much subject-matter the designer needs to know.  The answer that I often hear is that the designer doesn’t have to know the subject matter. Instead he/she has to depend on the SME for the project.  In this project, to save time, I preferred to watch how other experts use screencast and podcast technology.  There are too many publicly available YouTube videos that are helpful to do observations as the skills are performed by experts.  The videos are focused on Screencast-o-matic for screencast and Audacity software for podcasting.  Based on the observations, I am preparing list of instructional objectives that fall under the instructional goals we identified in the Analysis Report.

Applying:
The skill of making observation is helpful in many situations. During the observation, I try to identify the skills that experts perform to do the tasks, screencast and podcasting, in this case.  Such observation is purposeful and it can be transferred to any other observations we do in academic life, an example of which is, field observation in research. 

Analyzing:
The observation activity can be analyzed into two components.  The first one is paying attention to how the experts perform the tasks of screencast and podcasting.  The second component is identifying any kind of relationship among different sub-skills.  An example of such relationship is the order in which sub-skills are performed.  Knowing the order will help in sequencing the instructional objectives for the product we are intending to produce.

Evaluating:
The experience I have so far is good.  The most difficult issue that I am facing is what detail to leave out or how much complexity to include.  For instance, the task of editing audio files seems to be endless due to the many effects we can use to improve the file.  At what point do you stop seems to be challenging as far as I have experienced it so far.

Creating:
The next task for me is mainly to continue working on writing the content analysis document.  I will continue making expert observations and identify instructional objectives.  After I outline the instructional objectives, I will write the assessment to be used for the objectives.


No comments:

Post a Comment