Monday, September 12, 2016

My 15/5 of Week 3



My 15/5 of Week 3

Tasks I did
Time (hrs.)
Completion
Attended weekly meeting
0.5
75%
Prepared and posted needs assessment questions for the purpose of collecting information from our client
1
100%
Read blogs of other teams and my team members. I posted feedback on the course’s eLearn (D2L) discussion area.
1
100%
Read Project charter and posted feedback on G+.
1
100%
Preparing the document Analysis Report
.25
5%
Participating in team discussions through our G+ community
2
100%

Reflections:

Remembering:
I have done the tasks listed in the above table.

Understanding:
Analysis was a very important task for me during the week.  Analysis helps to get to the details of a system of interest.  Analysis report (AR) is one of major components for our project.  As lead instructional designer I took my responsibility to prepare AR together with our team’s lead evaluator.  We have started drafting the report. I prepared some review questions and shared it to my team through Google Doc.  The questions are meant to collect data from our client.  The data would be used in AR.  In the process, I learnt that AR involves analysis of context, learner, performance, goal, and learning context.

Applying:
The skill of analysis can be applied to any new system needed to be studied, not only instructional systems.  The approach that I learnt from analysis report is emphasizing the importance of understanding a problem before choosing a solution.  Performing analysis is meant to help us understand the problem.  This approach can be applied in different contexts.  For instance, when I try to help the students I teach, I first spend time to understand their main problem, which is a form of making analysis.  After I understand their problem in detail, I look for possible solutions.  

Analyzing:
During any analysis, you always try to study the major components and their relationships.  You also look into inputs and outputs of a system component. During training needs analysis, the components are learner, context, performance/job, goal, and learning context.  I learned that the instruction we are going to prepare is going to be consistent with the data we get about these components.

Evaluating:
The activities of the week were done well.  The analysis report, though, is not yet completed.  It will need more detail.  More information is needed about learner, performance and context analysis.  Hopefully, our client will provide more information about their needs.

Creating:
My next plan is to continue and finalize the analysis report for our project.  Together with lead evaluator.  I will present an overview of the report. The report will be in the form of screen cast.  It will be between 5 – 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment