Monday, September 19, 2016

My 15/5 of Week 4



My 15/5 of Week 4

Tasks I did
Time (hrs.)
Completion
Watched videos of Project Charters of my team and other teams. I also gave feedback on the other teams’ charters.
0.5
100%
Reading and responding emails, posts, and G+ discussions within our team
2
100%
Reading survey data of client and preparing Analysis Report
6
95%
Reading and preparing review of 15/5’s of my teammates on eLearn (D2L)
0.5
100%
Posted 15/5 blog
0.25
100%


Reflections:


Remembering:
I have done the tasks listed in the above table.

Understanding:
One of the major tasks I did during the week was to continue preparing Analysis Report for my team.  Amber (lead evaluator) and I prepared the document, shared it with other team members, and received feedback from them.  While preparing the analysis report, I worked with my project manager to obtain information from our client about learners and instructional needs of our client.  I also read the survey done regarding students and faculty of our client’s university in general.  The survey was made available to us through our project manager.  This helped me to identify learning goals for the instruction.   

Applying:
The skills I learned while preparing analysis report will be helpful in my future activities of instructional design.  Analyzing learners’ characteristics, their performance, and the learning context is very important task for an instructional designer.  The other skill that I can use in the future is goal analysis.  While trying to identify learning goals for the instruction, I had to breakdown the content into components or parts.  This experience will also help me when I do content analysis for the project.

Analyzing:
In the process, I learned that goals cannot be completely written just once.  They are re-written again and again.  Sometimes, I had to combine together two goals, which I initially had thought they should be separated.  Ultimately, the overall cumulative message of the goals should be what the learners are going to perform after going through the instructional activities.  

Evaluating:
The activities of preparing the analysis report are well done.  It was a teachable experience.  I also learned that this is a process that cannot be learned overnight.  I will keep growing as I get more experience.

Creating:
After finalizing the analysis report and presenting it, the next step for me is to prepare the Content Analysis document.  I will start from the goals identified in the analysis report and select specific instructional objectives.  Then, the instructional objectives will be used to prepare assessment tools and instructional strategies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment